Thursday, February 23, 2017
The Alabama Cooperative Extension System hosted the 2nd Annual Wiregrass Works Career Experience on Wed., Feb. 22nd at the National Peanut Festival Fairgrounds in Dothan, AL. Our 8th grade students had the opportunity to go and they learned a lot from this wonderful interactive career fair.
Preston Lynn - 2nd place in Pre-Club Showmanship (1st-3rd grade), 3rd place in market hog class and 6th place in market hog class.
Tyler Rentz - 5th place in Senior Showmanship (9th-12th grade) and 7th place in market hog class.
Scott Ross Hayes - 2nd place in market hog class and 2nd place in market hog class.
Thursday, February 16, 2017
Sybil Lee (4th Grade) enjoyed being the GCA Librarian for the day. She got to work in the Book Fair this week and help students find books, check out and purchase their books.
Your student can be the Librarian for the day also - just bid on this opportunity at the 2017 Winter Festival!
Wednesday, February 15, 2017
Friday, February 10, 2017
* GCA Vision - The vision of Grace Christian Academy is to develop generations of leaders who will bring glory to God.
We envision our graduates to become:
- Compassionate women and men of strong Christian character and deep faith.
- Lifelong servant leaders within their churches, homes, communities, and the world.
- Bold and creative thinkers who have developed a love of learning and who pursue excellence in all they do.
- Active, healthy individuals who treat their bodies as the temple of the Holy Spririt.
* GCA Mission - As a ministry of Grace Church, the mission of Grace Christian Academy is to partner with like-minded, biblically defined Christian families, to grow the whole child (spirit, mind and body) through a Christ-centered, rigorous college preparatory education.
A full report on our Vision, Mission, Statement of Faith, School Philosophy, and Expected Student Outcomes will follow today in a separate email.
Congratulations to our GCA students that participated in the 4-H Project Achievement district competition this past weekend at Rock Eagle 4-H Center.
Miller Hays won 1st place in the Sheep & Meat Goat project, Branch Austinson placed 2nd in the Fruits, Vegetables & Nuts project, and Journey Austinson received 1st place in the Food Safety & Preservation project.
Thursday, February 9, 2017
GCA Middle School Students
selected for GISA All-Select
Congratulations to (9) of our middle school students for being selected to participate in the GISA Middle School All-Select Honor Chorus and Orchestra this past weekend at Brewton Parker College in Mount Vernon, GA. Many thanks to Allyson Whittaker and Heather Whittaker for making this opportunity possible.
Pictured:Front: Shelby Harper, Isabella Barnett, Mary Glenn Warr, and Cassidy Nix.
Back: Emma Bennedict, Brooke Phillips, Daniel Jones, and Lainey McRae.
Not Pictured: Ben York